Central Pennsylvania has a new home for pickleball! Uller's Outdoor is now stocking a variety of pickleball paddles, balls, and paddle grips from well-known brands such as Onix, Diadem, and Electrum.
What is Pickeball?
Pickleball is a fun sport that combines many elements of tennis, badminton, and ping-pong. It is played:
- with a paddle and a plastic, "wiffle ball" style ball with holes
- indoors or outdoors on a badminton-sized court with a slightly modified tennis net
- in doubles or singles format
- by all ages and skill levels
Choosing the Right Equipment
There are 3 general buying options:
- Wood: Cheapest ($13-$36), heavy (> 8 oz), plywood core
- Composite: moderate-high price ($45-$145), weights vary
- Graphite: moderate-high price ($60-$200), weights vary
- Indoor: softer plastic, lighter, larger and fewer holes
- Outdoor: hard plastic, heavier, smaller and more holes
Where to Play Pickleball Locally
We serve all playing levels from beginner to advanced. Stop in the store to talk the Uller’s Outdoor team to learn more about the sport played by millions in the U.S. It's your turn to join the pickleball movement!
Selection of Pickleball Equipment Get directions